Re: incorrect List-Archive: header

От: Roman Prokhorov, Stalker Labs <Roma_at_mx_ru>
Дата: Mon 21 Aug 2000 - 17:47:53 MSD

  Hello,

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000, 12:26:19 GMT Andy Igoshin wrote:

> RPSL> Currently a list uses the domain name where it is registered;
> RPSL> if it was registered in "vsu.ru" CGPro domain it uses "vsu.ru"
> RPSL> name. If you want the "info.vsu.ru" name to be used, you'll
> RPSL> have to create a separate "info.vsu.ru" domain and/or make
> RPSL> "vsu.ru" to be an alias to "info.vsu.ru".
>
>Some time ago Vladimir Butenko told me that such solution is not
>"conceptual".

The other solution is to make possible to specify the list domain name in the list settings, but it's not (yet) implemented.

>that time it was not related to mailing lists; i asked about the
>following: when someone connects to SMTP cgatepro server, it says e.g.
>
>220 vsu.ru ESMTP CommuniGate Pro 3.3.1 is glad to see you!
>
>where vsu.ru is a domain on which cgatepro is set up. in our case,
>vsu.ru only has an MX DNS record, and no IP (we consider this right).
>while cgatepro server is RUNNING on the host info.vsu.ru, it is
>SERVING the vsu.ru domain and more other domains.

CGPro always uses its main domain name in SMTP and other protocol prompts, no matter if the secondary domain has unique IP or not. As Vladimir said, it shouldn't cause any problems.

>if the notion of "conceptual" solution has been changed, please tell
>me about this. :)
>
>Now on the solution which you just recommended. I understand this, but
>will this require us to totally reconfigure our cgatepro server while
>changing the root domain?

> what about our registration key which was
>given for `vsu.ru' domain? will the change of the root domain from
>vsu.ru to info.vsu.ru require us to obtain a new reg. key?

Yes, it will; but you won't need it if you have separate domains.

>Actually, my letter could be treated as a feature request. ;-)

  Roman